Friday 29 August 2008

London Loos 5


The featured loo this month is, not entirely surprisingly, located at the Rainforest Café in Shaftesbury Avenue. Unfortunately I haven’t got a photograph of this particular loo to show you but let me assure you that the ladies loos are clean, modern and functional.

Nothing majorly special to report about these toilets but the “trek” to reach them was a fun experience. Under the beady eye of life size gorillas and realistic elephants I wandered through the restaurant, passed the magnificent tropical fish tank, up a couple of stairs and made my way to the ladies.

On entering, I was immediately hit by a beautiful smell of coconut which turned out to be emanating from the soap dispensers! It is this attention to detail that really impressed me at the Rainforest Café. After all, if you were trying to maintain a jungle-like theme throughout the restaurant, what better way than to provide coconut “flavoured” soap! Brilliant!

For this attention to detail and for not providing me with anything to complain or moan about, I am awarding the toilet at the Rainforest Café 8/10 which puts it in second place for London Ding Dong’s Loo of 2008!

No comments: