Monday 19 May 2008

London Newspaper Nonsense

Apologies to those of you who have missed my posts over the last week or so. I had a little trip to hospital and my sparkle was rather diminished as a result! After a few days rest, my sparkle has returned and I’m back with a vengeance!

Today, in the Times newspaper (London), there was a somewhat random letter from a person in Kentucky complaining that he was charged £10 to enter St Paul’s Cathedral. This is not strictly true as anyone can worship there without charge! However, to see the most interesting parts there is, quite rightly in my opinion, an entrance fee which goes towards maintenance and repair of this most historic and sacred of London’s famous sights. It also helps pay for the two hundred members of staff employed to ensure that two million visitors each year enjoy and appreciate the Cathedral to the full.

But, had this particular visitor done his research, then he would have bought the London Pass and been able to visit 55 different London attractions for free including St Paul’s Cathedral!

Silly man – he missed out there!

This brings me neatly onto my own visit to St Paul’s which I will share with you tomorrow.

No comments: