Sunday 6 April 2008

Snowseeing in London

A few days ago I mentioned the ever changing weather in London. It seems that today is more Winter than Spring with snowfalls in London and throughout the UK!

I hope those of you visiting or staying in London this weekend were prepared for this rather unusual event!

Sparkly Songbird is currently taking a break in Italy but my spies in London tell me that the snow has settled and is causing much excitement throughout the Capital.

I hate to miss out on anything so, earlier today, I took an utterly horrendous cable car ride (yes, I kept my eyes fixed firmly ahead) to the top of an Italian mountain to experience a little snow-filled fun for myself! I had some companions with me in the form of my four young nephews who, dressed in shorts and t-shirts, had a great time snowballing and running riot on the white powdery slopes. Who says that kids today aren’t tough?!

I’m not sure that anywhere in London will look quite like this but the snow all comes from the same sky doesn’t it!

If all this wintery weather has got you in the mood for some winter sports then why not visit the Queen’s Ice and Bowl for a little ice skating? This is London’s only ice rink and ten pin bowling venue under one roof so it is the place to go if you are a budding Torvill or Dean (Britain’s most famous ice dancing champions).

If you are using the London Pass for some serious sightseeing then get the most from it and claim your free session of ice skating too. The London Pass is supposed to put a little fun into your whole London experience so once you’ve seen Kensington Palace, head across the park, get your skates on, let your hair down and start slip-sliding around that ice rink!

No comments: