Sunday 23 March 2008

City Cruises

city cruise city hallAfter the Tower of London, I headed down to Tower Pier (30 second walk) where I presented my London Pass and was given an all day City Cruises ticket! This is a great London Pass bonus as you can use the City Cruise boats like a bus- getting on and off where you want throughout the day. On a warm day it would be lovely to sit on the deck and have a little picnic while going up and down the River Thames. (I'm such a romantic!) But as it was cold and threatening totower bridge rain I decided I’d just go down to Westminster and come straight back. While I waited for the next boat (above in front of City Hall) I took a few photos of Tower Bridge slowly sinking to the right (only kidding, it’s my wonky photography again!) and also HMS Belfast which is directly opposite the landing jetty.

hms belfastThe City Cruise boats are surprisingly comfortable and warm inside which is very welcome on a cold day. There is a small bar where you can buy all sorts of drinks and snacks and huge panoramic windows to look through. However, being an intrepid explorer I decided to go upstairs to the open air deck so that I could take better (ha ha) photos!

I wasn’t sure what I was looking at some of the time and didn’t want to miss anything so my photos are a little random! Any buildings I can’t name will be put on my Flickr page so that hopefully someone will enlighten me! http://www.flickr.com/photos/sparklysongbird/

No comments: